Sunday, September 03, 2006

Just One Drink

We where at out neighbors house for a cook out/pool party.  The kids were having fun swimming and playing baseball. There were a few people drinking beer and mixed drinks. I don't let the people who drink around me bother me anymore. I use to hold resentments towards the friends who would drink around me, basically cutting relationships off. This just seemed to make things uncomfortable for my wife and kids. Any ways, the time was getting closer to when I had to go to my meeting. I was going back and forth about leaving, because I always leave on Sunday and go to the meeting. I knew my wife would be happy if I stayed, so that's what I decided.  I am glad I did because I had a really fun time. It also gave me a chance to heal some broken bonds I made after I got sober.

The kicker was that I went to the cooler to get a soda. The only thing left was 6 Pacifico's and I laughed because that wouldn't be enough for me. If I do pick up a drink it won't be just one.

No comments: