Sunday, July 13, 2008

birthday

Well it is my other birthday today and I have been sober for over 4 years. Therefore I love the program and god, because without one of these I would have been dead by now. I think I was born on a Friday, pretty scary.

We have growing number of people coming into our rehabs in socal. Are they looking for a better life or is it just a fad. Some of the people seem to think that this is a game and for a guy like me thats a resentment real quick. I have seen people die trying to stay sober so this shit is no joke.

12 comments:

Trudging said...

Wow! God is very, very good! It has been fun to see you grow.

butterflygirl said...

Happy Birthday!

sanju said...

Hi,
yes really friday is a good day,you are lucky because you born in friday.I thing you are too believable in god ,i like your habit that you put faith in god.
=============================
sanjeeda

Addiction Recovery Hawaii

Mary Christine said...

This shit is WAY no joke.

Happy Birthday to you my friend.

Kristin H. said...

I second your emotions on that. I am protective of sobriety and the program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I have been coming around the rooms of AA for almost 20 years but it took me four attempts to make it stick. I will have 8 years on October 1 (God willing.) Happy birthday :)

P.S. I found you via Top 100.

Syd said...

I have seen the social aspect become more important than the program and that is dangerous. Happy Birthday. Four years is great.

dAAve said...

You're finally 30?

Recovering Wino said...

Happy birthday!

Rae said...

Congratulations on 4 years of One Day at a Time sobriety! Also, congrats on your new business venture. Hope it is going well.

dailypiglet said...

just wanted to say happy anniversary, and keep coming back :)

Scott said...

happy birthday man...

vicariousrising said...

Congratulations! That's really awesome!