Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Right Track

I know that I am heading on the right track, because things are getting better. All the things that happened to me in my first year would not have bothered me as much today. Back then I was still in the fog and just fighting to stay sober. I was out there for a long time and it took its toll on my mind and body. I never thought to seek help because I didn't have a problem, so I thought. I was a morning, noon and night drinker and my body was shutting down when I got sober.

My first taste of AA was when I was in rehab, I wanted the program, and I wanted to live. I got a sponsor, a commitment and did 90 meetings in ninety days. I still attend at least two meetings a week. I am working the steps and living as close as I can to a normal life. That is, I am not hiding in the rooms of AA with worldly resentments and fear. Today I am living life on life’s terms.

No comments: