Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Have you been there when the world comes crashing down, when the sun doesn’t shine and everything around you lacks any color. The world becomes a mixture of gray and black and all the beauty around is gone. There is no trees, birds or anything of value except a bottle and a jar of pills. I knew I crossed that line and there was no turning back. I remember this day in my addiction because it was about the time I lost god. My whole life began to spin out of control and it lasted for to many years. I remember coming out of rehab 33 1/2 days later and on the way home I couldn't believe how green the trees were and how the world was full of color. I felt as though someone had kidnapped me and locked me in a basement with no light for years and now I was at last set free.

No comments: