Friday, May 05, 2006

Step Study

I love going to step study when we are on step one. Step one is the only step you need to do perfect. I started out as a weekend drinker and I did that well for awhile. Then Monday Night Football came and added another day of drinking. I began drinking during the 4 final days by celebrating for things I accomplished and then for things I that I didn't accomplish. The reasons and excuses became so many that I ended up just drinking everyday to survive. I couldn't make it with out alcohol in me for all the right reasons it cured my sweating, shaking, fears, self-esteem, loneliness,etc. That lasted for too long and I began to start dying physically and spiritually. The cure became my destructor and I knew it, but I just couldn't seem to stop drinking. I finally ended up in a long tail spin destroying everything I came in touch with. The day it ended I couldn't get down the first drink at 5:30 am, because my hands where shaking to much. That day I ended up in detox and stayed for 4 days. I then went into a 28 1/2 day program that was attached to detox. My wife had signed my admittance papers to the rehab center. I had signed my rights away in detox. It was there I began to learn how unmanageable my life was and that I am powerless over alcohol. Oh yeah, I am an alcoholic.

No comments: