Sunday, June 11, 2006

"NEW" 3/12 Program

I having been working the 3/12 program and it has been working fine for me. Or better yet I have been doing the working life steps. Seems confusing, well I will simplify the process. The first thing you do is get through the first three steps and then you sit on step four for awhile. You then attend a step study once a week and don't do anything. You then pick up a bible study class. You talk to other alcoholics divulging your skeletons until you feel more at ease. You talk to your sponsor on a daily bases to keep you on track. Do you feel better now? If not, the reason is you have to finish the steps and work with other alcoholics. If you truly want the promises the steps have to be done and you must sponsor another alcoholic. Ok having said that where does the family fit into this new ever changing schedule. I spoke to a few wives of people in the program and their husbands are either at the horse track or a meeting. Too many meetings can kill a family and not enough can kill you. The balance I believe is through your higher power. Back to the steps you need to complete them sooner than later, because the longer you wait the harder it gets to finish. I should have done them sooner, because the pile just seems to grow.

No comments: