Sunday, April 15, 2007

fun times

My wife went to the beach at 8:00 am yesterday to hold the fire pit for the birthday party. I relieved her at 10;30 am with my oldest son. We had to sit there all day, other wise you lose the fire pit to someone else. There are 6 fire pits at this particular beach. The party was a 5:00pm so my day with my oldest son was going to be long. Since we couldn't leave and we were getting hungry and being a resourceful alcoholic I had a local pizza company deliver the pizza to us at the beach. My son was impressed, while other beach people looked on in awe. We talked and laughed all day and we bonded. This was the longest time we ever spent together alone. I felt happy when we drove home last night and decided I will start spending alone time with each one of my boys

16 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

A fire pit is like a barbeque?

Loving the pizza delivery to the beach. A stroke of near genius!

Judith said...

Very cool.

Clare said...

Wow Pizza delivered to the beach ... now that is cool.

So glad you and your son bonded and the day went well. I hope you have lots more moments like that in the future.

lash505 said...

this beach is 4 minutes from my house. we are spoiled.

Trudging said...

Wow, very very fun!

Mary Christine said...

That is so neat. Spending time with a kid alone is very powerful. Glad you are a sober dad. pizza at the beach... sounds great

Anonymous said...

What is great to remember about days like this is that we once would have been so drunk/buzzed on a Sunday afternoon to be able to appreciate it.

It's good to be sober to appreciate those wonderful moments.

dAAve said...

Most alcoholics are above average in intelligence. That's why we don't eat anchovies.

Anonymous said...

If you were my dad and got us pizza delivered to the beach, I would've know FOR SURE that you were da MAN, Lash!
I can still remember many times that my dad and I spent alone when I was a little kid. They were awesome moments in time -- just me and my dad. Your sons would love that.
And you are a great dad, Lash.
Peace,
Scout

Anonymous said...

You are a very cool dad, Lash. What a fabulous day. And as special as it was to you, it's probably something that your son will always remember as a really special time with his Dad. It's good to be sober, eh?

Scott W said...

I prefer my pizza without sand.

Meg Moran said...

wow, and yesterday was beautiful too...what an awesome day...what a great Dad. Life's a beach!!!

Scott M. Frey said...

you're such a resourceful alcoholic, you are! Dude, sounds like a kool day indeed!

ArahMan7 said...

Will you be my Dad? LOL, and live 4 mins near the beach, ordered pizza, with fire pit blazing and spent times together - that would be great.

Seriously, you're a great Dad.

Anonymous said...

Did you use sunscreen? :) It seems like this tideous baby sitting of the pit was well worth it, your spirits are definately uplifting!

lushgurl said...

I second what Noor said...You sound like the best dad ever! Alone time with each and every child is so important, I am happy you know that today!
love and HUGS