Friday, February 24, 2006

Grandmother Died

My grandmother pasted away yesterday in Florida. I have to fly there tomorrow morning, because the rosary is Sunday and the funeral is Monday. She was a strong woman with a sense of humor. When I was bad as a kid she use to chase me around and pull my hair. I thought she was strict, but her actions where only out of love. She was always was available for me to shoot the shit. She was a godly kind woman and I will miss her. When she died my mother held her hand and as she gasped her last breaths my mom knew she died in peace. My mom told me that it was a wonderful gift from god that she was able to be present and that she knows my grandmother is now with god.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

Condolences, of course.
Good that you have positive memories.

Scott W said...

Peaceful thoughts and prayers sent your way and to your family too.

Mary Christine said...

Thinking of you - you and your family are in my prayers.

JJ said...

Sorry about your grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
I see you,
JJ

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. We were devastated to hear the news when my Grandmother got cancer. She loved life so much and was in such good health. It spread through her body like wildfire, though and she was gone in about 2 months. She opted to try chemo, despite the risks, but they never got to give it to her. She lived almost 95 years, though, so she had a good long life.

Sounds like your Grandmother was as robust and full of life as mine. It's so hard to lose such a family anchor, but their memory will serve as a model for us as we move forward.


-t