Saturday, February 18, 2006

Your Time

I am doing ok, however my grandmother is predicted to be in a coma in the next 24 hours do to her deteriorating state. She is 91 years old and had a good life. I spoke with her over the phone and she has fully prepared herself for god. It is almost like she is having these visions of the after life and she even told me that she will come to see me soon. I told her that would be cool. My grandmother is a funny old lady with a good sense of humor. When I was drinking I use to call her a lot and make her laugh. I know she knew I was drunk during those conversations, however she was laughing instead of crying. I know it hurt her seeing her grandson dying in front of her and she was helpless. I stopped calling her while I have been sober because I feel ashamed of all the time I have wasted. I really believe she wanted the best for and is happy that I am sober.

4 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I really believe she is happy that you are sober too.

Sam said...

I'm glad you got to speak with her.

"We will not regret the past..."

Keep taking good care.

dAAve said...

Sounds like a very peaceful way to pass. Especially knowing that you're taking better care of yourself; a wonderful amends.

John D.C. Masters said...

These are exactly the kinds of things the progarm prepares us for. Someday I will be in this situation with my mother, and when that happens I will come to you or someone like you for help. Thank you.