Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sorry Bill W.

A guy asked me to be his warm up for a speakers meeting. I don't know the guy and I felt uncomfortable. He wanted to pick me and my wife up and take us to the meeting with he and his wife. His wife is in alanon however she doen't know my wife n.o does he. I don't even really know him and i never met his wife before. I asked my wife and she said hell no she wouldn't go. The whole situation was wierd he asked me out of the blue and as a good alcoholic I couldn't say no. I had to call him today beacause the meeting is this Sunday. He said he already found someone, because I didn't return his call right away. I am not going for feel guilty, because if one of the guys in my home group asked me I would have gone. It was just one of those things that felt just wrong at the time.

4 comments:

Trudging said...

I would not worry about it too much. As long as you are doing service with the right motives you will be ok

madameplushbottom said...

trust your feelings - and consider this - your delay allowed another to do service and that might just be what the person needed. You did your part - you returned the call and that's okay! Remember that instinct is a good thing it is usually your higher power talking to you.

Rex said...

keep on kepping on....you're doing great.

Shannon said...

well, it sounds like it all worked out... and dont worry about it anymore... HP took care of it!