Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Lunch with a Priest

I had lunch today with a priest and I felt weird. He likes to dress in black with his collar typical priest attire and that didn't bother me. People were staring as if I was in trouble or someone was sick or died in my family. We talked about family and how everything is differnt in my life. I never knew him while I was drinking, even though he lives 6 doors down from me.He was walking by my house a couple days after I was in the Rehab center and spoke to my wife. She was just sitting in the driveway with her head in her hands, he asked her what was wrong. She told him the whole story and he wanted to visit me at the rehab center, but I refused. After 32 1/2 days later (4 for detox) I was out and scared as hell. He was one of the first to talk to me. I really enjoyed his spirituality and honesty. Today we are not that good of friends probably because of my fears, but one day we might.