Friday, November 04, 2005

Step Study Step 1

I try to read this step everyday if possible. It always takes me back to when I hit my bottom and lost complete control of my life. The alcohol didn't work for me regardless of how much I drank. I had been drinking everyday just to survive and finally my hands would not stop shaking. The alcohol no longer was working for the pain and fear I felt inside. I was begging God to take my life and at the same time pleading for him to help me. My life had become unmanageable and for the first I had a willingness to stop drinking. I entered a rehab center and spent 5 days in detox and an additional 28 1/2 days in their program. They introduced me to AA and it was there that I learned of the steps. I completed step 1 in rehab and again with my sponsor after I got out.

No comments: