Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Trying

Thanks! I had a whirl wind yesterday and today that about knocked me off my feet. As I was driving home tonight I had a taste of whiskey in my mouth, but it was all in my head. I was so deep in my head I was thinking about alcohol and how bad everything was, that I was in very dangerous territory. This is a place I haven't been but just a few times in 1 1/2 years of sobriety. However the urge to drink was much greater this time. As I kept driving I grasped the steering wheel as tight as I could as if to hold on. I called my sponsor who wasn't home but I knew it wouldn't be long before he would call me back. I called another person who made me fill a little better. When I got to my office I felt like curling up on the floor and I didn't want to go home. My sponsor called and made me feel like I wasn't alone and reminded me of what it was like a year and a half ago and where I am today. The gratitude part I didn't want to hear but I listened. He told me to go home, for today is only a day and right now I was sober. A drink would solve my problems for a second and all I have built back in a year and half would lay in ruins. I have realized I can't make it sober alone. I am home now and I will go to sleep early and pray.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Damn, logan, you're right!! It is tomorrow!

See what happens when you follow the instructions.