Monday, April 10, 2006

Boulder AA

Alcoholism is alive and active in every city I go. Everyone has the same story in a general way, we all are trying to stay sober. It was a pretty good meeting there was about 22 people. We all shared about the third step "How we have come to know a power greater than ourselves". It wasn't hard for me, because I just couldn't be god nor could alcohol anymore. I was tired of trying over and over again of mismanaging my life. There was no progress what so ever, just the fact that the little boy was growing older. I turn my life over to god on a daily basis only and that seems to work for me.

4 comments:

JJ said...

Do you find it to be different in other states? I mean meetings.....
I see you,
JJ

Sunshine said...

Awesome that you can find recovery no matter where you go!!!

Gooey Munster said...

God is totally awesome. I was reading "We Agnostic" today while waiting at the dentist. When I first got my Big Book I skipped through all that spiritual God stuff. I wanted to read the juicy stories at the end. I wanted to find out how the "smart" people recovered cuz after all I was better than all those religious people. LOL, what a mess I was then. My story is much different today.

I am glad that you allowed God into your early in your recovery. You saw your truth and began to accept your journey. Rock On!!!

Trudging said...

I am glad that you stopped trying(-: