Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sober Profits or Sober Program

I am not singling anyone for potentially making money by blogging the idea has crossed my mind like many other bloggers. I really don't know the answer to this, because Bill and Bob are dead. Having spoke with many people in the program the idea of advertising on blog that mentions AA seems to be a fine line. Majority of the people seem to be ok with the idea, however the hardcore crowd aren't so understanding. Examples of Sponsored Tags: Conquer Alcoholism. Quit Drinking Easily Secret Quit Techniques That Work Even if Everything Else Failed. Quit Drinking Quickly - Easily - Today - Forever. www.nomoreaddiction.com Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Program Free information, resources and links to drug and alcohol abuse treatment centers, drug abuse and alcohol rehab options and centers. www.globalonlinesvcs.com Sobriety Find Deals on sobriety and other Apparel at DealTime. Choose from millions of deals. Save time and money every time you shop. www.dealtime.com I posted this to hopefully answer a question that has been bothering me.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Do those programs mention or use the AA name?
There are countless commercial businesses that are in the business of drinking prevention. Few have anything to do with recovery.
They may claim success if someone goes 1 day without a drink. Of course, they charge $$$$ for that one day.

Trudging said...

Bill did make royalites from his books.

Recovery Road London said...

It's the reason why I don't run adSense on my blog anymore - ads advertising quick fixes and feeding on other bods' misery. Awful

That's my 2c.

Gooey Munster said...

My last post on my blog I had a link to the iTunes store for a free PODCAST to the Joe and Charlie book study. Sometimes I place a link to the recovery home I came from, Casa.

I think it lies in the intention. It is not my intention to make any money from this or help the entities make money. My intention is to help others get sources of AA recovery.

As dAAve said many recovery homes cost $$$ and don't use the 12 steps or even speak about the Big Book. I was blessed to find Casa and be introduced to AA, the 12 steps and my God of my understanding.

I have never thought about all of this up until today. Good post, thanks for putting it out there.