Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dallas Meeting

Wow this city has sobriety. I went to a meeting near downtown. The meeting was a step study and was one of the best meetings I have attended. There was this woman who spoke at the podium and went through each step and what it had meant to her. We had similarities in how we lived our lives and how we delayed on the steps. She made sense in my avoidance to to move on through the steps and helped clear some of the problems. I thanked her after the meeting for giving me some insight on the steps. One of the things she said is that "I am either filled with god or filled with alcohol" which I liked and haven't heard before. JJ. There is only a few meetings I have been to that allows smoking in the meeting and Dallas and Denver are the tops. The main differences from each city is in the format; the clapping, greeting of the newcomers and the visitors during the meeting. Some meetings don't ask who are the newcomers or visitors. The rest of the format stays pretty close.

4 comments:

Trudging said...

Sounds great!

dAAve said...

OK Big boy.
You're gettin' purty damn close to bein down my way. If you get to H-town, ya give me a call, ya hear?

Gooey Munster said...

What a great post! Turning it over and God's work through others. Thanks for the quote, I never had heard that either.

Sunshine said...

I think Texas has got to be close to the last place with smoking meetings! LOL! : ) Sounds like experience, strength & hope is the same, no matter where you are.