Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Close Call

Yesterday I met with a client and found out we lost the 3rd big job. That was 3 strikes for me I was out. I felt like fighting anyone that would challenge me. I also felt devastated and quickly casted the blame on myself and god. I felt like having a drink, but not as a answer to the problem only a relief. I spoke with my sponsor and he pointed out it was not my fault. I felt a lot of the pressure was taken off. I had to fly into Dallas and prayed alot at the airport. On the plane this guy sat next to me and I could tell he was in the program with the choice of words he used. I felt it was god's way of telling me that it was alright. I didn't get to my hotel room till real late and I was exhausted. I got up this morning at 6:30am to prepare for my meeting at 8:00 am. It was a really good meeting and I was feeling better and my 11:30am lunch presentation went ok. I was ok, and still sober and with a god in my life.

No comments: