Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Florida

Everything turned out fine at the funeral. They had even asked me to do a reading. I got up and read what was given to me and it wasn't a problem. All my aunts and uncles told me how proud they were of me. I felt like saying for what, I did think they knew how much I drink. I always remembered being nice around them and not causing any problems. I guess I was wrong or I just don't remember. My father showed up in the end seat of the last aisle. I saw him and just about dropped the casket. I got out quick to my rental car and took off around the block. I waited there until the funeral procession was leaving the church and dunked into the line without him seeing. He didn’t come to the cemetery which was fine with me. The rest of my family had dinner at my brothers house and we all hung out talking. It's was really great seeing my family and being able to avoid my dad. I still am worn out from all the stress of flying and having my emotions on a rollercoaster drive. I'm just glad to be home and with my boys.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Good that you could be there.
We always think others don't notice us during our active addiction. WRONG!!!
We're often the last one to notice.

Trudging said...

I never could figure out why people were mad at me the next day. I always thought I was charming.