Monday, March 13, 2006

Schedule

For me in the 1st year a schedule with minimal change was important to me. It was also important that my wife knew where I was going and around what time I would be back. It keep me committed and busy in a period where to much free time was a dangerous thing. I stayed out of my head and just showed up and did what I was suppose to do, whether it was greeting people at the door, making coffee or cleaning up after a meeting. I pick up the phone list a began trusting others again. I focused on the tasks around me, not what the tasks where in my head. I tried to hold resentments to a low level by staying on my side of the street as much as I could. I would look at my shoes when I felt like fighting or getting in a argument with my wife. I would bring her flowers once in a while, asking for nothing in return. I went to 90 meetings in 90 days and a 52 week aftercare program offered by my rehab. It was the first time in my non-conformist life that I allowed anyone to direct me without any questioning. He has guided me to a life for which I could never pay back and as well the lives of my sons and wife. See, this group called Alcoholics anonymous has many miracles thru god on a daily basis. For I am one just today, thanks to my sponsor and god.

3 comments:

dAAve said...

another excellent collection of expressions
AND
I love the picture!

Rex said...

Great share. Thanks for the reminder....all we ever have is just today!

JJ said...

You are a miracle! Me too :)
I see you,
JJ