Friday, March 03, 2006

Step Study

We were on step 5 tonight and we read from the twelve and twelve book. What struck hard is when it talked about those who do not finish the fifth are doomed to drink. Wow, when my grandmother died and I went to Florida, I felt like I was holding on to a thread of sobriety. I prayed and used the phone to help give me the strength and really wished hard I had finished my fifth. It was only till I was caught off guard by her death that for the first time I felt unprepared. I have always been prepared when I travel, a way out and a list of meetings. I had half ass way out plan and a list of meeting with out days and times. I struggled with the issues with my Dad and I was in danger for the first time of my sobriety. I realized if I don't finish the 4th and 5th my sobriety will be lost. I talked with my sponsor and we and he agreed it was now time to move on with the program.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Excellent.
The only reason to delay working the steps is ...
Well, there is no reason to delay working the steps.

Mary Christine said...

Going forward is good.

Rex said...

Great plan....good luck!

FRITZ said...

Man, do I respect you, or what. Just put it all out there. Awesome. My dad is one of those "Goddamn it, I stopped drinking and I'm not going to AA." He thinks he's too smart for it.

He's stuck. No, he doesn't touch a drop of the stuff. But he certainly hasn't tried to LIVE, either.

Man. You are my new hero.