Friday, July 28, 2006

Baby Toe

Update I went to the orthopedic doctor today. The first to enter the room was a young intern from med school. He told me they needed to rebrake my toe and I had two options. The first was to get a couple shots to numb the toe prior to breaking. The second was to just break the toe without any type of medication. I mistakenly asked the intern what he would do in my position. He said be hardcore and don't take anything for the pain. I reluctantly said ok, because I didn't want to look like a wuss. While leaving the room he said the he would be back with the other doctor in a few minutes. I waited and waited trying to figure out how I could take the shots and keep my dignity. In walked the intern with the doctor and the doctor proceeded to tell my options again. Before I could say anything the intern blurted out that I wasn't taking the shots. The doctor looked at me as one would look at warrior. I felt a strong manly feeling rush into my body. I told the doctor; let’s get on with it I am not taking any shots. The doctor then said that he was going to leave the room, because he doesn’t like to hear people scream. Holy shit I was panicking as the intern grabbed my toe and broke it again. It hurt like shit, however I wasn't about to yell out. He taped it up and I was still in shock. I left the doctors office in a daze. Next time I will take the shots.

No comments: