Friday, July 14, 2006

Helping

I spent some time trying to help a meth addict get back on his feet. I was lured by his desperate plea of being finished, homeless and 2nd chance. He attended meetings and it seemed like he was getting a grasp on the program. I helped him get started with a new job, new clothes and new attitude. He had a sponsor and was working the steps. Then I got a call and he wanted to borrow money for rent. So I gave it to him he was sincere. I didn't hear from him till a couple weeks later when he called from a topless bar and needed money. He went on to say that he was not a alcoholic, because he was a meth addict, however he was drunk. I haven't heard from him since and I don't think he did his 1st step. I have become a little bit colder when it comes to giving money to another alcoholic. The older guys in the program laughed and said you have to be careful, however nothing beats just a big book and a hot meal. Bottom line is we are liars thief’s and cheats, well except for me.

No comments: