Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pre-4th of July Party

Every year our neighbors have a block party at the end of the cul-de-sac for the 4th of July. Last year I felt uncomfortable being around all the people I use to get fucked up with, sober. This year I really didn't give a shit to go at all. It has been hot as hell here in Socal. I felt like lying around with kids playing video games. We don't have air conditioning and really don't have a need for air-conditioning. Our floors are tiled all downstairs and the breeze is cooler from the coast. However we gave into our obligations and attended. I was surprised to see they got a keg this year. They never would do that when I was drinking. The bottom line is they knew I would have either finished it or would have passed out trying. The whole spin on the party is that I and another guy were the only sober adults there. He got sober before me and somehow was able to stop on his own. I take my hat of to him; I just couldn't do it that way. We watched all the ones most that are no doubt alcoholics. The stupid shit said was text book. My kids pointed out several people that where drunk and laughed at them. That was me over 2 years ago the guy falling down drunk. I told my kids to say a prayer for them. The cool thing is that the chain is broken.

No comments: