Thursday, September 29, 2005

Convention

I was at a convention all yesterday and everyone were getting or already fucked up at the cocktail networking thing. Over 5,000 people, there and all types of liquor permeating the air. I used the phonelist a couple times till I found the people I was suppose to take to dinner. They were waisted and my tolerence was running on empty. I told them I didn't feel good and acted like I was going to my room. I quickly call aa central and they guided me to a meeting at a alano club. I went into the meeting and it felt like I was sitting in a place where it was safe. The discussion was about how the steps should be talked more in the meetings not just at a step study. I didn't care what the topic was, because I was sober.

1 comment:

Trudging said...

Thanks for sharing! Conventions can be hard especially if you are used to getting smashed at them.

Great post however, we get nAAked on Thursdays. Join us next time.