Friday, September 02, 2005

Today is another tod

Today is another day of being sober 473 days. I have yet to finish my fourth step. Tonight at my step study we are on the fifth step. I always feel bad when it comes to my turn to share about a step I haven’t completed yet. I always share what I can relate to in the step. However some people look at me like shut up idiot you have not completed the step therefore you cannot share. What is the difference from someone whom has completed the step and someone who feels he has read the step enough to understand it, however hasn’t shared it with his sponsor, maybe a lot. But still regardless of step study, cakes, coffee, chairs, comments etc., Alcoholics/addicts are the complaining, crybaby, whiners, that all think, what they say is important. Hey I am a little bit guilty to, but I try to stay on my side of the street in what I say or think I know. Anything I have to say may not matter at all to the next person.
    

1 comment:

Rich | Championable said...

In re: folks giving you crap in meetings...

I think AA folks who suffer from haughtiness would do well to remember their history. It would take them down a peg or two. Not only their own, personal history, but the history of AA's founders. It took years to get this thing right. And it was a wonderfully HUMAN process. Bill and Bob (and Bill Dotson and Ebby Thatcher and everyone else, for that matter) didn't just get it right the first time. And some of the pioneers wound up not geting it at all, in the long run.

Part of the reason, I think, that AA has become less effective over the years, is that people focus too much on the social structure of the meetings... vs. the actual instruction manual (the Big Book), that the first 100 wrote.

You know? End of rant, and nice to meet you!