Thursday, September 15, 2005

Step Study

We were on step 7. "Humbly asked him to remove our short comings" I was talking with my mom on the phone prior to getting to the step study. She told me how humble I was not just now but basically all my life. I felt if there was any time she has been right in her life it was tonight. My head was filled with various humble deeds I had achieved in the past. By the time I got to the meeting I was on the same spiritual level as a monk in Tibet. I felt more in control of myself than ever. Especially while standing out front of the meeting place talking to others. I was the hardcore one they weren't; their life's were filled with cotton candy and mine frozen metal whips. After all the pleasantries (learned at Dale Carnegie) we all filed into the meeting. As each of us read I began seeing my short comings flash by in front of me like a powerpoint presentation. I began feeling strange,lonely and withdrawing, crawling into this empty place I once found as a refuge. When I shared it was about my office moving to behind a church and how I thought this would stop all my short comings. How every time the priest would stop by and talk with me it felt like it was tunnel vision and he was accelerating not towards me but away. Then I stopped I passed the share and when we closed or prayed out. I helped clean up and left. I was scared.

No comments: