Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Blues

I swear I am sick of shopping and returning presents. I can't make up my mind what I want. I don't need any new suits or clothes. I have enough tech shit around. I don't want anything basically because I can't afford what I want. I always seem to want things I know I can't get. I hardly feel excited about this Christmas, I feel like I should get some gift for having a 1 and 1/2. I guess that gift is I am sober and my three boys are smiling and laughing now. The Chain is broken until my next drink.

3 comments:

Trudging said...

What I hear you saying is you really don't need or want anything right now. My husband always wants some f@#!ing three month trip to alaska or something. But thing I would and could actually buy him like power tools he always gets for himself.

dAAve said...

Those material things are gifts of sobriety. You can't buy those smiles on the kids.

Mary Christine said...

The one and a half IS the gift - for you and for you to share with those who love you.