Sunday, December 11, 2005

Home Sober

I am glad I am home after being around some much free alcohol. I got home Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. and spent my day with the kids. Later in the day we all attended our neighborhood Christmas party and everyone was drinking. One guy's face was all red due to all the blood vessels about to burst, I guess I will save him a seat. My wife an I left after being there for less than a hour to go to a AA Christmas party. I was bummed that we were an hour and a half late, but my wife would have been bitching if we did not go to our neighbors. Almost everyone was there and I felt at home and spoke to everyone. It always amazes me how I have more fun with fellow alcoholic's than so called normal people. There were birthdays celebrated and everyone just had a good time with no fights, people getting sick or urinating on the carpet. It Also gave a chance for all the guy's with wife's to see whom we stay sober with the "pack" as some call it. Today I am just grateful for a god who is caring by allowing me to stay sober.

2 comments:

Trudging said...

I am glad you made it home alive and sober.

Unknown said...

Good to see you made through the convention.
AA parties are the best parties I have ever gone to.
Good for your wife to meet other AA wives as well.