Tuesday, December 20, 2005

RECOVERING FROM A DISEASE

“When dealing with an alcoholic, there may be a natural annoyance that a man could be so weak, stupid and irresponsible.” - Alcoholics Anonymous, page 139 _______________________ “Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases…” - Psalm 103:2-3 _______________________ FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Being a drunk certainly annoyed me. I saw it as one more weakness among many. Viewing alcoholism as a disease seemed like a dodge of responsibility and came hard for me. Once I accepted that I was a sick man, however, I felt relief from some of the heavy guilt that I carried. But I did not feel free of responsibility. Just the opposite - I needed to get to work on my recovery. The disease of alcoholism - on top of my bag of defects - created a huge, heavy pile of waste that has to be cleaned up. But it’s too heavy for me! I need my Heavenly Father and AA. I find tremendous healing from accepting God’s forgiveness and living the Twelve Steps of AA. I need never forget all my blessings. God bless you! Joe W.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Well I'll help you anytime you want to get rid of some that pile of waste. Very nice post indeed Joe W.
I see you,
JJ
PS: I'm changing my link to you to Joe W. - I like that.