Thursday, December 01, 2005

Slippery Slopes of Life

Today I felt really good, better than I have felt in a long time. I felt good about my life and a desire to live. I worked my ass off at my office today, it felt like I was finally getting a strong grasp on my business strategies. Everything was going so well that I firmly believed that nothing could phase me. I received a call at the end of the day from a client who I just finished a project with. He informed me that one of the product we ship was wrong. Which is a $8,000.00 mistake, one that might cost me my job. I scrambled to prove my innocents by going through the files and emails. I couldn't find anything in my favor and began to panic. How could I go from such a high to an extreme low in seconds. I began to be overcome with fear and the impending doom feeling. I prayed and asked for help. I don't know the outcome tomorrow but for now I am sober.

3 comments:

Trudging said...

The rollercoaster of emotion you described is fairly typical in the first several years. You might want to talk to your Dr. about it. Maybe some meds would help in the short term.

JJ said...

Good luck today.
I still see you,
JJ

Anonymous said...

hope you're still sober.