Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Daily reprieve

"For if an alcoholic failed to perfect and enlarge his spiritual life through work and self-sacrifice for others, he could not survive the certain trials and low spots ahead." - Alcoholics Anonymous, page 14-15 When I get back from vaction in Seattle. I plan to start giving some of my time to talking with people in a hospital's detox center. This is the same center I went to and then to their rehab center for 28 days. The days in detox are when you life is unmanagable and that for me is when I realized I can't control this emptyness any longer.

2 comments:

Gooey Munster said...

Being a sevice -- YES. Then we have no time to think of ourselves since we as alcoholics have made a career of doing so!

JJ said...

That would be great. Now you have given me something to think about. Like returning the help I received while in rehab.
Thanks bro and I see you,
JJ