Friday, December 16, 2005

New skin with room to breathe

Some friends of ours through soccer and school, basically my 6 year olds friend's parents had a party. They had just finished their house and it was beautiful. The pool was huge and well landscaped they even had a built in bar/grill which was about 150 + square feet. He had the placed stock with all brands of liquor and beer. They said there is a ocean view on a real clear day. It was an alcoholic's dream. I had diet coke and talked with all the people I knew and didn't know. I made people laugh and they really seemed to enjoy my company. People think I am a wise ass, but funny and quick. This is one of the first times I left my fears at home and I don't know why but I did. I didn't go there with any preconceived resentment or any material inadequateness. I had my mojo back and it felt good. It might be only for one night but I will take it sober....

2 comments:

JJ said...

Ahhh Diet Coke my drink of choice.
Sound like a wonderful party / place.
I see you,
JJ

dAAve said...

Good for you.
I am always uncomfortable at parties where there are strangers.
And there is no one stranger than myself.