Sunday, December 18, 2005

I am Now Secretary

I was nominated tonight and I was pissed off, because I have been bringing the cake for 6 month's and was looking forward to a break. I am just tired of commitments, but after being voted in I will serve another commitment. There is 65+ guys there why me, I thought to myself. After a quick gratitude review the cake commitment was one of them, and I realized it helped keep me sober. Anything to better my odds of staying sober is fine by me. I share the responsibility with another guy who was nominated as well. Our shares are at a podium in front so I will make damn sure at 3 minutes the gavel will pound the table.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I was told early on that I should never turn down a reasonable request in AA. I am powerless over the actions of others. ie: whether or not they want to be of service.

I am grateful that anyone would want me to help, so I serve with a smile. It seems better than sitting on a barstool.

Trudging said...

What I heard was, "when asked to serve, serve."