Monday, January 30, 2006

How Did You Make It So Far?

For me I have stayed close to my homegroup. I make calls to other alcoholic's on a daily basis. I call my sponsor everyday with the exception of Saturday. I gave him a day off. I pray everyday and thank god for being sober. I try my best to stay out of my head, because the longer it stays in my head the more distorted it becomes. I stay honest with myself and with god. I really believe when I begin to lie my first drink won't be far behind. Basically honesty is one of the key component to sobriety. I keep everything simple and I just don't drink on day at a time. I do many things that I really don't want to do, this is another part that helps keep me out of control. Finally I am working the steps to make the quality of my life better with my relationships, attitude, productivity, empathy toward others, health, self-esteem, because alcohol is only a symptom of my problem.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Hey, that sounds like a program!

Trudging said...

Sounds like a plan!

JJ said...

The biggest one for me is staying out of my own head. It's a dangerous fuck'n neighborhood and no one should go there alone.
You are sounding strong bro!
I see you,
JJ

Sam said...

You should (um...) bottle that!
Sam (ducks to avoid flying objects...)