Thursday, January 12, 2006

Step Study

Tonight it was step 11 and for me this step means a lot. I try to pray on a daily basis and thank god for being sober and anything good that happens to me. Right from rehab I went up to an abbey by my house up on a mountain. On the top they have the stations of the cross on a half mile trail. You can see the view of the ocean from the trail as well as other mountains. This is the place I knew I wasn't alone any longer. One guy shared that "meditation is listening and focusing on one breath at a time. At that point your thoughts will be out of your head and once your out of your head that is where god will be." For me that thought is powerful and gives me the chills. God just wants me to be happy that is spiritually happy and he doesn't want me to be alone.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I am told to also thank my HP for those things I consider "bad" that happen to me. Those challenges offer me the opportunity to grow and be a stronger and better person.
It's a difficult concept for me to accept, but I attempt it daily.

lash505 said...

I almost added bad to my post then I thought nah.