Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm Thankful I'm Sober Today

This can be me if I pick up the first drink. It won't take long maybe a week maybe a month, but it will happen. When I went to rehab I was in a group of people that had relapsed. They all told their stories and they were all identical. They started with a few and before they knew it they were back at the same amount they were using. This only increased in volume and the wreckage became swifter and greater than before. I pray for them, hoping that they to are sober. I really beleive that if I choose to have that first drink, I won't being coming back. My sobriety date is 05-17-04

3 comments:

JJ said...

I'm glad it is NOT you.
I see you,
JJ

dAAve said...

I will second that (for myself). It's not that I would not want to come back, but I believe I'd be dead BEFORE I got back.

Today, I choose not to test those waters.

Mary Christine said...

Isn't it a wonderful thing when we can begin to learn from OTHER people's mistakes?