Sunday, January 01, 2006

Home Please

I am worn out from this trip and can't wait to get home. My wife and I got into an argument, because we are stressed out from her father and his wife. His wife was a pain in the ass all day. She expects my kids not to wrestle around in her house or run in her house. Good luck I have three boys. My wife's father is driving me nuts making strange noises while he eats and sometimes it can last all day. I feel like just strangling him some times, because it is so annoying. We went to their church today "Baptist" it was full of ignorance and intolerance. This was a great way to start off the new year. Then we went to "Narnia" great movie, the kids loved it. While leaving the movie my wife and I got into a fight because she was yelling at me and the kids in front of her family. That pisses me off more than anything. Then her fathers wife invited her son over again and uncorked another wine bottle for dinner. It's almost like she is trying to push me, not to drink but to be uncomfortable. That to me is probably just as bad as trying to get me to drink. I really have seemed to go backwards on this trip, in my spirituality and sobriety. The person who I was beginning to like seems gone for now. My head is filled with nothing but fear and uncertainty.

5 comments:

Trudging said...

I liked Narnia too. Hang in there it will all be over soon.

Mary Christine said...

You will be better than ever when you get back into your own environment. What doesn't kill us (or get us drunk) makes us strong.

dAAve said...

Time for a meeting.
Or 2.
Or 3.

Unknown said...

I can certainly sympathize with your dilemma. It's a bitch. Pray like hell. When your done with that, pray some more.

Anonymous said...

ROFL- family sucks when they won't do what I want them to! God, if they'd just BE-HAVE then I WOULD be fine!

[wink]

happy new year!

-t