Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kids From Hell

Well my wife stayed in bed all day and my 3 boys stayed at home in a effort to contain the virus. I had to work unfortunately. Well when I got home around 5:30 pm all the lights seemed to be off in the house and my first thought was everyone is in the hospital. However as the garage door opened there was her mini van so I pulled in to park. I open the door and went inside, the only light that was on was the one in the play room and when I walked in I saw every lego we had on the floor with my three boys searching for one piece. We have accumulated 5 large buckets of lego's over 8 years. My Kids go to Lego land at least twice a month. I just laughed because I am still sick with the virus and that last thing I expected. I walked around room to room and each one they had been in and destroyed. I got to our bedroom and my wife was asleep. I asked my boys if she had been in bed all day and they said yes with a smile. I have finished cleaning and it is now 11:30 p.m. If I was drinking I would have left or not come home at all. Thanks god for sobriety.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

I couldn't help but laugh -- "my first thought was everyone was in the hospital."

You're like me. Immediately assume the worst.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Keep it up.

Mary Christine said...

What a nice thing for your boys that you are there.

Sam said...

Actually a funny little story. Thanks.

Trudging said...

Oh yeah, I had that happen just a month or so ago.

JJ said...

I fucking love legos. When the girls were young we had tons too. I miss them...lol.
I see you,
JJ
PS: Will you come clean my house?