Monday, January 16, 2006

My Mom

My mom is coming out to see me this Friday from Florida. This will be the first time I have seen her sober. I am really freaked out about the whole thing, because she is the kind of person that will drive you nuts. My mom thinks I am the greatest for some reason. In her eyes I have not done a thing wrong in my life. I guess she has this guilt from doing nothing to help me when I was a child. So, I am probably going to hear shit from the past and frankly I am not ready to deal with her apologies and excuses. I do miss her in some aspect, but that part of my life is part of my large black out.

5 comments:

Sam said...

breathe. pray. repeat.

Rex said...

Just remember that you are ready or God would not present the situation...when the student is ready, the teacher appears....and like Sam said....remember to breathe, pray, repeat.

Trudging said...

First, nearly everyone Mother(my son's included) is the type of person who will drive you crazy. It is part of the Mother job description. Second, it drive me crazy when my Mom launches into the whole I am sorry bit. I finally had to tell her that I had moved on I just didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Things happen when they are supposed to.Maybe this is going to be better for (you and your Mom?)
in the long run.
Best wishes.
Tab

dAAve said...

see above

plus

maybe you would like to discuss her visit with your sponsor before good old Mom arrives.