Monday, October 24, 2005

12 STEPS

"What is SOS? SOS takes a self-empowerment approach to recovery and maintains that sobriety is a separate issue from all else. SOS addresses sobriety (abstinence) as “Priority One, no matter what!” SOS credits the individual for achieving and maintaining his or her own sobriety. SOS respects recovery in any form, regardless of the path by which it is achieved. It is not opposed to or in competition with any other recovery programs. SOS supports healthy skepticism and encourages the use of the scientific method to understand alcoholism." This is basically the method I having been using and I still feel like shit. For me the only answers lie in my higher power God and the 12 of Alcoholics Anonymous. I have been working on my fourth step and I am not yet finished. SOS my ass.....

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Personally, I need the 12 steps and the spirtuality that they offer.
It ain't for everyone and that's OK.

Trudging said...

I believe in "whatever works." The 12 steps work for me. If something eles works for you, that is cool

Grateful said...

While I try to keep an open mind to other's recovery or lack thereof, I am sooooo grateful I was introduced to the 12 steps before anything else. Since it works for me, I don't dare try other ways. Other way got me here in the first place.

This post sounds a lot like James Frey's'A Million Little Pieces' Excellent book. If I were him, I'd be dead.