Wednesday, October 12, 2005

This Guy Needs a AA meeting

Tonights meeting is coming up so, SAVE A SEAT for this guy. My oldest son hurt his arm yesterday, but wasn't acting like it was bad. Today at school he was really complaining so we took him to the pediatrician and got an X-ray now we are waiting to see if its broken. If it is broken, that will mean one of us has a long night ahead because we will have to take him to Children's Hospital. I got into a fight with my wife who's yelling voice seems to really get under my skin when I am sick. So like an alcoholic I began to push with her buttons until she was really mad. I then gave up the fight and apologized. Finally she is normal again and I still have not learned to keep my mouth shut.

2 comments:

Trudging said...

Yep keeping your mouth shut is a hard one. It is worth it though. I hope your boy is o.k. When my boy is sick or injured it bring out all my fears.

dAAve said...

Two of the best things I've learned in sobriety are ...

"Pause when agitated"
and
"Restraint of pen and tongue"