Thursday, October 20, 2005

12th Step

No, I am not currently on this step, I was at step study tonight and this is the one we are on. I have been feeling like I haven't progressing the way some people have in the program. I don't have an armada of sponcee's like other people. I was feeling like shit while we were taking turns reading. I was thinking "what is your service back to the program you self centered bastard your not sponsoring anyone". Then came the magical words "For some there is other types of 12 step work like the commitments" ok that's me but why don't I feel better. Made its in my head, but sometimes it feels as though I am trying to climb a corporate ladder.

3 comments:

Trudging said...

Are you pray for God's will in your life?

Trudging said...

praying, sorry

dAAve said...

Whoaaaaa!!
Being a sponsor does not automatically mean recovery. That will happen, when, and if, it's supposed to happen. Don't try to hurry it.
In the meantime, there are countless other ways to perform service work. To those in and out of the program. It's all about helping others and geting out of one's head. Showing up at meetings is great service work in itself. Without the presence of others a meeting does not happen.
Talk to your sponsor about other ways to get involved.