Thursday, October 20, 2005

Family Trip

My mom, brother and three sisters haven't seen me or my family in almost two years. They are hounding me to come, so they can see Mr. Happy joyous and free and family. Fuck the joyous part. The sad thing is my kids don't really know their cousins on my side. I guess I am to blame, I am not ready to face my father. I really have no desire to see a man who calls himself my father because in my heart my father died a long time ago. I have made a promise to myself when he dies I will spit in his grave. He still drinks however his son is sober and his grandchildren see a sober father now. The chain under these circumstances should be broken. However I feel it has not.

3 comments:

Trudging said...

Issues with your Dad, eh? It happens. A quick dose of Alanon might help. My husband has been sober almost 16 years and he still has problems with his fater.

dAAve said...

Oh baby!
You're gonna have fun with your 4th and 5th steps.
And you're gonna be glad you did 'em.

madameplushbottom said...

Find support in whatever you choose. And I will also plug Alanon - it has done wonders for me and how I see my family and now I let them be crazy and I walk away giggling. Okay.. .maybe I am twisted but I still walk away giggling.