Thursday, October 27, 2005

Step Study

I went to step study tonight and I was looking forward to it, because I thought we were on step one. I even told my sponsor who seemed to want to go, because it was step one. Then as we started, I realized we were on the 2nd half step 12. I felt pissed off and began to fill up with resentments. It was only until I started to hear what other's were reading and began start seeing the parallels in my life that then the anger left. As the reading continued my whole day began to unravel. Earlier today my wife told me this morning that she is sick of having four boys around and my sponsor said I have been doing really doing good job in my program. I am an alcoholic and the only place for me is at a meeting.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Step 12 (along with some others) can be practiced at any time and as often as possible.
Frankly, I don't understand why you'd be pissed off by carrying the message to others.

"Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety."

This is a fatal illness, not to be taken lightly.

lash505 said...

I do not take this lightly and I do the service as well as helping other alcoholic's. The post was directed at myself, for I can only share 3 times out 12, and that for me is hard.