Sunday, October 23, 2005

Birthday

It is my son's birthday today and he is nine. He wanted a dwarf rabbit and of course I said no. However I lost the family vote of 4 to 1 and my wife picked it out last week. They picked it up this morning and it is cute for a rat with long ears and a stub tail. I am sure that the rabbit will begin to bond with me in some way. I just know its a matter of time before my lab gets the rabbit. So now my head was to start preparing for what will be a traumatic event. I use to drink over things like this, however today with the strength of god and the program of AA I don't need to pick up that drink. I called to order the cake and decided I was going to change the color of the circle and triangle logo. The circled filled in blue and the triangle filled in green. That is probably going to look strange, but were are all pretty much strange characters. I went to the meeting early to drop off the cake. I saw two guys there and I told them I was going to a movie with my family, because my son asked me. He asked me last year, but I only had 5 months of sobriety and a meeting sounded better. I always wasn't there for him in the past and today I was.

2 comments:

Trudging said...

I hope your 9 year old had a great Birthday. Kudos for going to the movie with him. The rabbit sound horrible.

madameplushbottom said...

Great story - progress is a beautiful thing. Lil rat-rabbit - hope it enjoys its life, regardless of whether the life ends up being short or long!