Monday, October 10, 2005

Last Night of the Dale Class

Well I screwed this up, my last few brain cells decided to stop comunication. I tried to memorize a 7 minute presentation, what a mistake. On top of it all I was finally struck with the Virus that has plagued my boys. This is the first time I have really felt sick since I have been sober. Bottom line is that I should have been better prepared. I have a problem working a program that tells me a big ego is bad and at the same time taking a class that promotes a big ego. I am just trying as hard as I can to build up the relationship that I damaged from drinking. I don't need to have a large ego because for someone like me it's dangerous. I am thankful I didn't drink over it.

1 comment:

Trudging said...

I understand I really do. I struggled with these seeming contradictions for years. The programs says this and X (my church, my family or Norman Vincent Peale) says Y. I have learned over the years that many of these contradictions were not as strong as I thought.

It might help to think of humility as being “right sized.” Right sized for you may be (with the help of your higher power) doing very well in that class. Put God first in your life and you will do fine.