Friday, October 28, 2005

Moods

I guess I just have been in a shitty negative mood lately. I think it has something to do with a lack of meetings. When I go to at least three meetings a week I feel a lot better. For the last couple weeks I have been attending two meetings a week. I have commitments in and outside the program, which keep my time well occupied. On top of it I have my kids who use to not want to come near me and now I can't get rid of them. My wife and I have been getting along better but we still need work to harder. I was thinking about going down on early Saturday mornings to talk with people in detox at the rehab center I went to. I was asked by one of the head counselors to do this a couple months ago, but I had another personal commitment at the time. I feel more grounded and confident in my program , enough so that I can start carrying the message more in my life. It wasn't long ago I had absolutely no trust in AA. When I was 12 years old my Dad went and picked up his year chip, I made a drink for him for the ride. We celebrated at the Playboy Club where he was drunk on the dance floor french kissing another woman while I watched with my mom and brother and sisters. As the years passed the same pattern continued, so therefore to me AA was a social club. He still drinks, but doesn't pick up chips.

2 comments:

Trudging said...

Wow, there are such unfortunates they are not at fault. I can totally understand your mistrust of AA

dAAve said...

I understand too.
I always remember that AA is not for those who need it or necessarily those who even want it, but for those who are willing to do it.